Our values are:
- Inclusive: anyone can go through hard times. Everyone has value and we welcome anyone who would value our support.
- Safe: we don’t make tough demands on people – it’s okay just to sit and be. We will make spaces where people can feel secure.
- Alongside: we will listen and go at the pace of the individual.
- Empowering: we will help people make their own healthy choices. We will provide support and encouragement as individuals work towards their own goals.
- Prayerful: we are always ready to give a reason for the Hope that is within us, but do it with gentleness and respect and will never force our views on others.
Key verses from the Bible that energise our work include:
- Matthew 22:37-39: “Love the Lord your God… and love your neighbour as yourself”.
- Isaiah 58:12: “Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings”.
- Matthew 25:40: “The King will reply, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me”.